Linda Barker shows us how to make her tasty salmon burgers served with a healthy griddled courgette salad.
4 (150g) fillets fresh skinless salmon
1 tbsp fresh dill,
1 tsp capers
1 egg yolk
Salt and pepper
For the griddled courgette salad:
4 medium courgettes
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Large bunch mint (finely shredded)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 small jar roasted red pepper
2 tbsp toasted almonds
For the yogurt dressing:
½ cucumber, peeled and deseeded
1 tablesp lemon juice
300g thick greek yoghurt
1. Remove the skin and dice up 3 of the salmon fillets. Place the fish into a large bowl.
2. Take the fourth skinless fillet and blitz it in a processor with the capers, egg yolk and dill until paste-like.
3. Fold the paste into the chopped salmon and season.
4. Wet your hands (to stop sticking) and form into cakes/patties.
5. Rub with a little oil and place on a hot non stick griddle pan for approx 4-5 mins on each side.
For the courgette salad:
1. Use a vegetable peeler to slice the courgette into ribbons.
2. Toss them together with 1 tablespoon oil, thyme and salt/pepper.
3. Griddle in single layers about 1 minute each side so they have griddle marks from the pan and they're slightly soft.
4. Toss with the mint/lemon juice and 3 tablespoons oil. Slice the bottled red pepper into strips and add to the courgettes.
5. Toast the almonds in a small dry frying pan, chop and scatter over the veg.
1. Grate the cucumber and squeeze out the juice.
2. Add to the yoghurt, lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.