Linda Barker shares her recipe for a perfect power lunch - salmon and noodles, perfect energy for running with Mums on the Run!
2 x 125g salmon fillets, skinless
1.5 litres good chicken stock
2 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
1 red chilli, sliced
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
125g dried ramen noodles
50g tender stem broccoli, trimmed
50g mange tout, shredded
50g green beans, cut in half
50g baby sweet corn, sliced in half
50g carrots, cut into matchsticks
1/2 red peppers, cut into strips
2 tbsp peanuts, chopped
2 spring onions , chopped
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Salt and pepper
1tbsp sunflower oil
1. In a large saucepan or wok, heat the stock with garlic, ginger and chilli.
2. Bring to the boil and add the prepared vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and rub with some oil. Place the salmon fillets onto the hot griddle pan and cook for 6-8 minutes until just cooked.
4. Add the noodles to the vegetables and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Once the noodles and vegetables are cooked, add the soy sauce to season.
6. Spoon the hot noodles and vegetables soup into bowls and top with the griddled salmon.
7. Garnish with a scattering of peanuts, spring onions and coriander.