As our thoughts turn to summer holidays, TV presenter and fitness fanatic Linda Barker is back in the kitchen to share some of the healthy summery recipes she enjoys, to get THAT bikini body!
4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
400ml coconut milk
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
2 tsp of coconut oil (or sunflower oil) for frying the paste
125g carrots, cut on the diagonal or baby carrots cut lengthways in half
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 sweet corn on the cob, kernels removed
125g French beans, cut in half
125g tender stem broccoli, trimmed
8 spring onions, cut into batons
125g sugar snaps or mange touts
125g pak choi (cut in half )
100g broad beans, shelled
500ml good vegetable stock
Red chillies, finely sliced
Cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Cook the curry paste in a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil (or sunflower oil) for two minutes then add the coconut milk, salt and peanut butter.
2. Cook for three minutes until the sauce is reduced a little and is thick and creamy.
To cook the vegetables
1. In a large saucepan, boil the vegetable stock.
2. Add the carrots and peppers and cook for four minutes. After a minute add the sweet sweet corn kernels, French beans and broccoli and cook for three minutes. Finally add the spring onions, sugar snaps, pak choi and broad beans and cook for two minutes.
3. Remove all the veg and place onto a serving plate. Top with creamy Thai dressing and garnish with sliced chillies, chopped cashew nuts and coriander.
Serve with brown rice, red Camargue rice or black rice if available (not to be confused with wild rice)