Dean gives us something tasty for the weekend with his simple pasta dish with a yummy meaty twist...
6 quality pork sausages (I like a spicy one)
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
100ml white wine
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
400g rigatoni pasta
1 ball mozzarella
70g cheddar cheese grated
30g Parmesan cheese grated
250g packet of baby leaf spinach
1. Cook the pasta to the packet's instructions in a large pan of boiling water, along with a pinch of salt. Drain and set aside.
2. Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces then fry off in a hot pan for 6-7 minutes until nicely browned. Remove from the pan then set aside. Add in the onion and garlic then cook for a further 5 minutes before pouring in the wine then the tomatoes.
3. Return the sausages to the pan then sprinkle in the oregano and chilli to taste then cook until the sauce has reduced slightly. Stir in the spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Toss the pasta through the sauce along with the mozzarella, which has been torn into small pieces.
5. Transfer to a greased baking dish then top with the cheese and breadcrumbs and cook in a pre heated oven set at 200c / 180c fan for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top. Serve with some salad and garlic bread.