Here's something for the weekend from Dean - his quick and easy sizzling sausage gnocchi bake topped with parmesan and breadcrumbs!
8 quality pork sausages (I used 4 spicy merguez and 4 pork and apple but use your favourite)
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
200g baby courgettes, sliced into chunky pieces
500ml carton of tomato pasatta
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
800g fresh potato gnocchi (2 packs if using shop bought)
70g cheddar cheese, grated
30g Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces then fry off in a hot pan for 6-7 minutes until nicely browned.
2. Add in the onion, courgettes and garlic then cook for a further 5 minutes before adding the tomatoes, balsamic and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Toss the gnocchi through the sauce (no need to cook them first) then transfer to a greased baking dish.
4. Top with the cheese and breadcrumbs and cook in a preheated oven set at 200C/180C fan for 20-25 minutes or until golden on top.
5. Serve with some salad and garlic bread.