This is really an economical way to use steak (and much healthier) as two people can share one steak!
2 x 200g sirloin steaks
Half a red chilli deseeded and finely diced
1 clove garlic crushed
Small piece ginger peeled and grated
1 tbs soy sauce
Juice 1 lime
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs palm sugar (golden caster sugar if not)
2 baby gem lettuce
2 carrots peeled into ribbons
1 slightly under ripe mango peeled and julienned
100g bean sprouts
4-5 radishes thinly sliced
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 red chilli sliced to garnish
fresh coriander to garnish
1. Whisk all of the dressing ingredients together. Set to one side.
2. Take half of the dressing and marinade the steaks for an hour if time allows. Pre heat a non stick pan then cook the steaks for 2-3 mins per side for medium, or couple of mins either way for rare or well done steak.
3. Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Take a vegetable peeler then peel ribbons of the carrot. Place in a bowl with the lettuce, mango, bean sprouts and radishes.
5. Take the rest of the dressing then pour over the salad, toss together to coat before portioning between four plates, garnish with the sesame seeds, which have been lightly toasted in a dry pan. Finally portion the thinly sliced beef between the salads then toss on some fresh chilli and coriander.