James brings us a superb fish dish full of nutrients and great flavours!
4 x skinless boned salmon fillets
1 tbsp olive oil
1 zest and juice of 1 lime
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp grain mustard
2 tbsp honey
Pinch sea salt and a generous twist of black pepper
Bean and mint salad:
200g frozen broad beans
1 tin of butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 deseeded and chopped red chilli
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
30g (small bunch) fresh mint leaves, chopped
50ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
50g (large handful) rocket
Crushed sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Coriander crème fraiche:
4 tbsp crème fraiche
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Twist of black pepper
1. In a bowl mix the lime zest, paprika, ginger, grain mustard and soy together. Brush the mixture all over the salmon fillets and leave out of the fridge at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. Next heat a non stick char grill pan to a medium heat, drizzle the oil over your salmon fillets and lay on to the pan presentation side down. Cook the salmon fillets for roughly 3 minutes on both sides, moving it occasionally to make sure they dont stick to the pan- and remember to keep the heat only to medium to allow the salmon to cook through gently.
3. When the salmon is cooked, brush with honey and roll on the pan.
4. For the salad, place the mixed beans in a bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice, chopped mint, chilli and olive oil. Stir together and season with crushed sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place the rocket in a salad bowl and spoon over the dressed beans.
5. Mix all the crème fraiche ingredients together.
6. Squeeze the lime juice over the fish and serve with the mixed bean salad and a dollop of coriander crème fraiche.