Wimbledon got underway this week so we're celebrating with this gorgeous strawberry recipe from Dean.
230g digestive biscuits
80g unsalted butter melted
200g white chocolate
400g mascarpone cheese
100ml sour cream
300ml double cream
80g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
50g unsalted pistachios crushed
1. Using a food processor blitz down the biscuits to fine crumb, add to a bowl and mix in the melted butter. Place the mixture into a buttered 23cm loose-bottomed spring form cake tin, compress down and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water then set aside to leave to cool slightly.
3. Cream the mascarpone, chocolate, sour cream and sugar together along with the vanilla extract.
4. Whip the double cream then fold the two together. Hull and halve the strawberries then place round the outside of the tin in an ordered fashion. Place a few more in the bottom of the tin then cover with the cheesecake mixture, smooth the top with a spatula or palette knife then chill for at least 1 hour to set.
5. Remove from the tin then decorate with the remaining strawberries and the crushed pistachios just before serving.
With thanks to Jubilee Strawberries for providing our strawberries.