Chocolate fondant desserts are delicious, but can be quite tricky to make.
With a moist chocolate sponge and a puddle of rich mint-flavoured chocolate at the bottom, you can whip up this mug cake equivalent in a fraction of the time!
Serve with your choice of after dinner mints on top.
After-dinner mint mug cake:
Prepare: 2 minutes
Microwave: 1 minute 50 seconds
Cool: 3 minutes
60g dark chocolate
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp whole milk
1 medium egg
3 tbsp self-raising flour
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp caster sugar
½ tsp peppermint extract
After-dinner chocolate mint crisps, broken into pieces to decorate
A microwavable mug
1. Chop half of the dark chocolate into small pieces and add it to the mug along with the butter. Set the remaining chocolate aside.
2. Microwave the contents of the mug for 20–30 seconds at 800W until the chocolate has melted. Stir the melted chocolate and butter to combine. Add the cocoa powder, then the milk and stir again until smooth. Using a fork, beat in the egg until fully combined.
3. Add the flour, salt and sugar, and mix thoroughly until you have a smooth batter. Pour in the peppermint extract and mix thoroughly. Break the remaining chocolate into pieces and drop into the centre of the unbaked mug cake. Top with 1 tablespoon of water and you are ready to microwave.
4. Microwave for 1 minute 50 seconds at 800W. The cake will rise and then sink a little and should still be quite wet to touch.
5. Leave the mug cake to cool for 3 minutes. Garnish with broken after- dinner chocolate mints and enjoy!