Carrying on with our French theme to mark the Cannes Film Festival, James makes his delicious raspberry and lemon tart.
1 x 20cm sweet pastry shell or 1 x 300g pack sweet pastry
5 free-range eggs, plus 1 egg white
1 beaten egg yolk to glace pastry
150g caster sugar
Zest and juice of 5 lemons
200ml whipping cream
250g fresh raspberries
White chocolate shavings for garnish (use a speed peeler to peel curls off a bar of white chocolate)
1 tbsp icing sugar to garnish
1. If using raw sweet pastry, preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Lightly flour the work surface and roll out the pastry to a 30cm circle, 0.5cm thick. Use to line a deep-sided, 20-cm loose-based tart tin.
2. Line the pastry with a sheet of baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15/20 minutes until golden all over. Take the tart shell from the oven and remove the parchment paper and beans.
3. Brush the tart shell with the extra beaten egg yolk and pop back in the oven for two minutes to set the egg. This creates a seal and is a great tip to stop your tart leaking! Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/325F/gas mark 3.
4. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar, lemon zest and juice and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until thick and velvety but not fully whisked. Fold the cream into the lemon mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the part baked pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set and feels springy in the centre. Leave to cool then decorate the top of the tart with raspberries and shavings of white chocolate, mint leaves and a dusting of icing sugar.