Bill Granger shows us how to use the ultimate autumnal ingredient - pumpkin - in a tasty Thai stir fry.
2 tbsp light flavoured oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed with the back of a knife
2 red chillies, sliced
500g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
400g pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and cut into thin wedges
3 tsp fish sauce
2 tsp caster sugar
2 tsp lime juice
Small handful basil leaves
Steamed brown rice, to serve
1. Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through and the chilli golden. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add some more oil to the wok or frying pan. Add the pumpkin and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden on both sides.
3. In a small bowl mix together the fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Pour over the pumpkin and toss until the pumpkin is tender.
4. Return the chicken and chilli to the wok or frying pan for a further 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has caramelised slightly. Tear the basil leaves, add to the wok or frying pan and toss to combine.
5. Serve immediately with steamed rice.