Dean has another recipe that you can enjoy outdoors on the BBQ this weekend (or indoors if its raining!)
Burgers, along with sausages are probably the most common thing we cook on our BBQs and they can get a bit dull! Deans Juicy Lucy burger has a clever twist. Its got the cheese on the inside and is guaranteed to impress guests at your bbq. Great one to make for children!
750g Lean steak mince
1 onion finely diced
1 tsp smoked paprika
100g cheddar cheese grated
12 thin slices of chorizo
? red onion sliced into rings
30ml red wine vinegar
? tsp sugar
2 Handfuls watercress
1 beef tomato sliced
2 tbs mayonnaise
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
4 burger buns toasted (brioche if you can get it)
1. Cook the onion in some oil for 5-6 minutes until softened then leave to cool.
2. Combine the mince, paprika and onion in a bowl along with a good twist of black pepper and a pinch of salt, divide the mixture into eight patties then place a quarter of the cheese onto the centre of four of the burgers, top with the second burger then press down to shape and fully enclose the cheese. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
3. Place the red onions into the red wine vinegar and sugar then leave to marinade for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
4. Pre heat a griddle pan then cook the slices of chorizo for around 1 minute per side until nice and crispy, any oil from the chorizo will help flavour the burger.
5. Brush the burgers with some of the chorizo oil then cook for around 8-9 mins per side on the griddle. Spread the mustard mayo onto the toasted buns then transfer the burgers on top along with the crispy chorizo, tomato and some watercress then top with some of the onions. Skewer the burger then serve with some French fries.