Our fitness expert Fred Khordishi runs a healthy eating food company Simple Foods. Working alongside his chefs and a nutritionist he has devised an eating plan which is quick and easy to follow to help you lose weight and get healthy fast!
It may surprise you to know that Fred believes that you should eat MORE to help you lose weight!
Fred says you should eat at least every two to three hours to ensure that your metabolism keeps working.
And with Fred's mouth-watering recipes, from Star Spangled Cinnamon Porridge for breakfast and Californian Chopped Grilled Vegetable Salad for lunch to Hollywood Style Honey Glazed Chicken for dinner there is plenty to choose from.
Kelly and Fred want this to be clear – THIS IS NOT A DIET - It’s a healthy way of eating which means you get the right balance of calories and nutrition to ensure that you become a healthier you to aid your weight loss plan and take on a healthier habits for the future.
On some days you may feel like eating more than usual – don’t worry as long as you stay within your calorie allowance you can eat a little more.
If you make and eat the meals that have been selected and take part in the exercises that have been advised you will be on course to lose 1-2 pounds per week. (This is the weight loss that is advised by the British Dietetic Association).
HOW TO USE THE PLAN
The menu suggestions listed below have been designed to allow you a good balance of nutrients each day and allows you to mix and match. Just make sure you check out the calories and make sure you don’t go over your daily calorie intake.
- 1100 calories per day for women
- 1600 calories per day for men
There are seven options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, just select one from each and then you have your daily meal plan.
KELLY AND FRED: TOP TIPS
- You should eat every two to three hours
- Don’t shop for food when you are feeling hungry
- Don’t cook when you are feeling hungry – as you will just pick while you are cooking
- Make your lunch in a batch for the week. Pack and label them in Tupperware and put them in a freezer and take them out and use them as you need
- Don't only eat to get full! This is a bad habit to get into
- Only eat when you need to
- Don’t skip meals
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day
- Have any dressing, sauce or gravy on the side
- Do not cut back on calories as you will be doing exercise so you will need the food for energy
With thanks to Fred Khordishi and Simple Foods