This vegetarian dish is bursting with flavour made with cauliflower, curry powder and basmati rice.
300g brown basmati rice, rinsed
1/2tsp red chili flakes (optional)
2tbsp unsalted butter
1 head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets
3tbsp melted coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp curry powder
3 tbsp chopped chives
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / gas mark 6.
2. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and add in the chili flakes and butter to the same pan so the rice absorbs the flavours. Drain and fluff.
3. While the rice is cooking, toss the cauliflower with the oil and season.
4. Transfer the cauliflower to a lined baking tray and roast for around 20-30 minutes until tender and golden brown, turning once or twice.
5. Place the cauliflower back in the bowl and toss with the curry powder. Season.
6. Add the cooked rice to the bowl and toss. Sprinkle with the chives and serve.
You can add sliced almonds if serving as a main dish.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Total Fat: 5.3g
Saturated Fat: 3g