Which woman is your biggest inspiration? Maybe you admire your mum because she's overcome all odds, or perhaps you respect your neighbour because she gives so much to the community?
If so, why not nominate them for Lorraine's Woman of the Year?
Yes, we're giving you the chance to show the world how special your inspirational woman is by entering them into a competition which could see them receive an award from Lorraine in a special star-studded ceremony, with attendees including the likes of Barbara Windsor, Jenni McAlpine and, of course, Lorraine Kelly herself!
The winner of the Lorraine Woman of the Year Award will be invited to attend a lunch on 14th October 2013 at the Women of the Year ceremony with hotel accommodation provided that night. If you think you know the woman who deserves this more than any other, read on to find out how to nominate her!
First click here to read the full terms and conditions (link)
You MUST read the following before applying:
- You and your nominees must be a UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man resident aged 18 years or over only, excluding employees of ITV, their immediate families and anyone else professionally connected with the competition.
- You must ask permission of your nominee before entering them into the competition
- You cannot nominate yourself
- You and your nominee must be available for filming purposes or otherwise on two specified dates between 18 September 2013 and 4 October 2013 (inclusive)
- If your nominee is selected as a finalist, you both must be available to appear live in the Lorraine studio between 7 - 9 October 2013 (inclusive) and on 15 October 2013
- The nominee must be available to attend the Women of the Year award ceremony on 14 October 2013
- By applying to take part you agree that you have read and understood the above requirements and the terms and conditions
- Applications are open from 6am on Tuesday 3rd September 2013 until midday on Friday 13th September 2013. Entries made after this time will not be accepted.
- The three finalists will be notified within a week of the closing date. If you have not heard from us after a week you have not been successful on this occasion
If you are eligible to enter and have read the terms and conditions you just need to do the following to enter...
To enter send us an email to email@example.com with Woman of the Year written in the subject box and the following information in the body of the email. (NB entrants who do not provide full details may not be selected):
- Your name
- Your name and the name of your nominee
- Your relationship to the nominee
- Your nominee’s address and telephone number
- Your address and telephone number
- A description (no greater than 250 words*) outlining why your nominee should be presented the Woman of the Year award, including how your nominee has inspired and improved the lives of others.
*Entrants who send in more than this amount may not be considered.