It's payday, so magazine editor Ali Hall looks at how to find this week's Bare Essential - the perfect pair of boots.
Meanwhile our High Street Hits uncover the best statement trousers, statement jumpers and statement jewellery.
Get the look
- Simplybe.co.uk £75
- Clarks £59.99
- Matalan £18
- Topshop £60
- Bhs £59
- ASOS.com £70
- Tu at Sainsbury’s £50
- ALDO £60
- All socks from John Lewis £5
Mark’s boot tips
- If you have big calves then make sure you pick a boot with elastic at the sides or that comea in variable calf sizes.
- Avoid wearing ankle boots with skirts and dresses. Wear them with trousers, jeans or leggings. However, if you do want to wear a dress, the boot should be cut at an angle that’s lower at the front and higher at the back. Think shoe-boot and you are thinking along the right lines!
- Knee-high boots should be worn with dark coloured skinny jeans or trousers. If paired with paler tones they could look like jodhpurs.
- And If you do wear knee highs with a skirt or dress, always make sure it’s a pencil length. Anything above could make you look like mutton dressed as lamb. And don’t forget if you’re petite make sure your knee high boots come to just below your knee.
- You should never try on boots without socks as you will never get them right.
High Street Hits:
- Lips jumper - Dorothy Perkins £22.40
- Heels jumper - Wallis £35
- Limited edition blue jumper - River Island £35
- Cowboy sleeveless top - H&M £14.99
- Black and white cowboy top - New Look £19.99
- Red and black cowboy top - Boohoo.com £20
- Black trousers - M&S £32.50
- Grey patterned trousers - Next £42
- Mimos print jersey trousers - Evans £45