A simple granola recipe that is packed with ingredients that are good for you - including rolled oats, sunflower seeds and sultanas.
Makes 15 servings
50g rolled oats
200g almonds, chopped
100g mixed nuts, chopped
100g sesame seeds
75g roasted hazelnuts, chopped
60g sunflower seeds
60g pumpkin seeds
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp sea salt
180g of fruit puree (can use unsweetened apple sauce) or fruit juice
100g maple syrup–
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 150C/Gas 2.
2. In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together
3. In a pan warm the fruit, syrup, honey, vanilla extract
4. Mix the wet mixture into the dry until thoroughly combined, and then tip the mixture onto 2-3 baking trays (with sides) depending on the size. Bake for 50 minutes, turning the mixture over every 10 minutes.
5. Leave to dry completely then put in an airtight container. This will keep for at least a month.
6. To serve with 100 ml semi skimmed milk.
Sat Fat: 5g