Try Lisa Faulkner's grilled pork chops with ratatouille made with peppers, tomatoes, aubergine and courgettes.
4 x lean free-range pork chops, weighing about 150g each
1 tbsp olive oil for brushing
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the ratatouille:
1 medium aubergine
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, sliced
2 medium courgettes, sliced
1 medium red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 medium yellow pepper, de-seeded and sliced
6 ripe tomatoes, halved
A fresh thyme sprig
1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 basil leaves, torn
1. Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. Slice the aubergine into 1cm thick slices. Place on a baking tray, brush with a little olive oil and sprinkle over some salt. Bake in the preheated over for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large casserole dish and fry the onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, courgettes, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, roasted aubergines and thyme. Season to taste and stir well to ensure all of the vegetables are browning a little and coated in the olive oil. Add the passata and balsamic vinegar.
4. Transfer the casserole dish to the preheated oven, turn the heat down to 160C and bake for 30—40 minutes. Once the ratatouille is cooked, stir through the torn basil leaves.
5. Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Cut off any visible fat from the chop. Rub them with a little oil and season to taste.
6. Place the chops under the grill for about 10-12 minutes until cooked through, turning halfway. Leave the chops to rest for a few mins before serving with the rich, warming ratatouille.
Sat Fat: 3g