These simply prepared salmon fishcakes from Lisa Fauikner are a delicious addition to the Little Black Dress Diet meal plan.
200g potatoes, peeled and chopped
200g lightly smoked salmon fillets
1/2 tbsp freshly snipped chives
Flour, for rolling
1 eggs, beaten
50g brownbread breadcrumbs (fresh or dried)
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil, cover the base of a 20 cm non-stick pan for frying
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
1 tsp rapeseed oil
1 tsp Honey
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Lemon Juice
Mixed greens, of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the salmon fillets on a large sheet of foil, dot with butter and wrap the foil over the top so that they are completely enclosed. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes until cooked through.
3. Drain and mash the potatoes, using the butter from the foil-wrapped salmon. Flake the salmon into the potatoes and mix in - try to keep the salmon chunky. Add the chives and season, then shape into 4 patties.
4. Put the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Roll each fishcake in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Dip in the egg again and finish with another layer of breadcrumbs.
5. Transfer to the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
6. Fry in a little oil for about 6 minutes on each side.
7. Serve the fishcakes with a large side salad.
8. For the dressing: Mix all ingredients together and shake until you get a smooth dressing. Add to the mixed salad leaves just to coat lightly and serve.
Sat Fat: 5g