Lisa Faulkner's crisp chicken is coated in rice cereal and baked to keep it healthier than traditional fried chicken.
Butter, for greasing
125g Rice Krispies (or other similar rice cereal)
Reduced fat mayonnaise, for dipping
2 x skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets weighing about 100g each, cut into goujons
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F), gas mark 6 and lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Put the cereal and some salt and pepper in a bowl and crumble with your fingers until lightly crushed.
3. Put the mayonnaise and the seasoned crushed cereal mix in 2 separate shallow bowls ready for dipping.
4. Dip each piece of chicken first in the mayonnaise, shaking off any excess, before dipping in the crushed cereal.
5. Place the dipped chicken on the prepared baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until golden, turning halfway through cooking.
6. Serve with side green salad and fat free salad dressing of choice.
Sat Fat: 3g