A delicious seafood pasta dish from Lisa Faulkner that's been given the Little Black Dress Diet treatment.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 glass of dry white wine, about 150ml
400g cherry tomatoes or 1 x 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
1 tsp sugar
1 medium cooked lobster
225g raw peeled prawns
150g raw scallops
A bunch of fresh basil leaves, torn
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Serve with a portion of mixed steamed vegetables, of your choosing
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes until softened.
2. Add the chilli and stir through and then pour in the white wine. Bring to the boil and continue to boil until it has reduced by half.
3. Add the whole cherry tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes, then crush the tomatoes down with a potato masher.
4. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the linguine until al dente following the instructions on the packet.
5. Add the sugar and the seafood and cook until the prawns have turned pink and the lobster and scallops are heated through (only a few minutes).
6. Stir through most of the torn basil leaves, leaving some for the garnish, and season to taste.
7. Drain the linguine, but leave a little of the pasta water in the saucepan to loosen the sauce with if necessary. Put the cooked linguine into the pan with the sauce and stir. Place in serving bowls and finish with extra basil and some freshly ground black pepper to serve with a portion of steamed vegetables.
Sat Fat: .8g