Lisa Faulkner cooks up tasty courgettes stuffed with minced lamb, garlic and fresh herbs.
1 large large courgette, weighing about 225g or 2 smaller courgettes weighting approx 100g each
100g lean minced lamb
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
1/2 tsp freshly chopped mint
A pinch of brown sugar
20g brown bread breadcrumbs (fresh or dried)
20g parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Finely chopped parsley, rosemary and mint to finish
A slice of crusty bread, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/Gas 5.
2. Cut each courgette in half lengthways, scoop out the pulp into a bowl, leaving the outside shell about 1cm thick.
3. Put the courgette shells in a roasting tin, cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes. They need to be tender but not too soft.
4. Put a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the minced lamb until browned. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, then add the courgette pulp, passata, tomato puree, rosemary, mint, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir together, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Mix the breadcrumbs and the parmesan together in a small bowl. Spoon the stuffing mixture into the baked courgette shells and sprinkle with the parmesan breadcrumbs. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy on top. Finish with chopped parsley, rosemary and mint and serve.
6. Serve with a mixed green salad. Use a fat free salad dressing of choice.
Sat Fat: 5g
For a slice of bread:
Sat Fat: .2g