Lisa Faulkner's simply delicious whole trout is cooked with leeks, courgettes and red pepper.
250g baby leeks
1 yellow courgette
1 red pepper, deseeded
2 garlic cloves, 1 peeled and sliced and the other left whole
Handful of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x whole trout, weighing about 250g each, gutted
1 lemon, sliced
2 tsp roasted fennel seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh dill, snipped to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
2. Chop the leeks, courgette and red pepper into thumb-sized pieces so they all roast in the same amount of time. Put in a big bowl along with the whole garlic cloves and the cherry tomatoes and mix with a little olive oil and some salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Take out of the oven for about 15 minutes. Take out of the oven, set aside and turn the oven up to 200C/Gas 6.
4. Fill the cavity of the trout with the sliced lemon, the fennel seeds, the sliced garlic and some salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle each trout with some oil and then lay them on top of the roasted vegetables. Place in the oven and roast for 15 minutes until the trout skin is crisp and the fish is cooked through. Sprinkle with some snipped dill before serving.
Sat Fat: 2g