Main page content
- October 11, 2004 - Essayas Kassahun, 21, is murdered on the corner of Bath Street and Old Street on the St Luke's estate in Clerkenwell, London.
- October 20, 2004 - Sam Hallam is arrested at his Hoxton home.
- October 26, 2005 - Mr Hallam and Bullabek Ringbiong are found guilty of murder.
- November 4, 2005 - Mr Hallam's lawyers lodge an application to appeal, which was subsequently refused by a single judge.
- October 23, 2006 - An appeal against Mr Hallam's conviction is dismissed.
- July 23, 2007 - Ray Winstone appears on ITV's Tonight With Trevor McDonald insisting MrHallam is innocent.
- June 12, 2009 - Criminal Cases Review Commission confirms it will re-examine Hallam's case.
- July 28, 2011 - The case is referred to the Court of Appeal.
- May 16, 2012 - Mr Hallam is freed on bail by the Court of Appeal.