Spice Girl Melanie Brown shocked X Factor audiences and hopefuls with her forthright opinions as she appeared in the first in the new series as a guest judge.
Replacing usual judge Nicole Scherzinger, 'Scary Spice' no prisoners, telling one hopeful, 82-year old Lou that, "I actually wanted to fall asleep," to the shock of the other judges and live audience.
After that particular put down fellow judge Gary Barlow told her, "after the comments today I'd be surprised if you sleep tonight."
However Lou was not the only one to receive a, "reality check."
Some of Mel B's feedback to potentials on the X Factor:
- That has to be the worst audition. Ever.
- I'm going to give you a big reality check. You should not be singing, find something else to do, it's a waste of time for you.
- You look like a pop star - you don't sound like one.
- The dance routine was lazy and sloppy.
- There was nothing right about that at all.
- I would have more fun watching paint dry.
- It sounded like a dog barking.
But there was one act who captured Mel B's attention. Sixteen year old Ella Henderson sang a song she had written herself for a grandfather and was lucky enough to receive some rare praise from the Wannabe singer:
– Mel B
Whoever or whatever you wrote that song about those words hit a chord with everyone. Your song writing is so clever.
What we've just witnessed was just incredible.
Watch Ella's audition again: