Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens has been named Britain's best-dressed man by GQ magazine, but Ed Sheeran has been named the worst.
Stevens, whose character Matthew Crawley was killed off in a shock exit from the ITV1 costume drama at Christmas, triumphed over heart-throbs Robert Pattinson, Daniel Craig and David Beckham in GQ's annual list.
Brit-winning chart star Ed Sheeran topped the worst-dressed list, followed by Labour MP Jon Cruddas and Katie Price's ex, Alex Reid.
The Duke of Cambridge is 37th best-dressed but his father is ranked ahead of him in eighth place, one place behind Twilight star Pattinson.
GQ magazine said William "epitomises true British style", adding: "Has the Duchess of Cambridge upped her husband's fashion game? It would appear so."
But the magazine says of Charles that "despite sticking to a classic uniform, he always looks on trend", adding: "This is a man who knows what he likes, knows how to wear it and sticks with it whatever the prevailing fashions."
It said: "HRH may be bemused at being a fashion icon, but he's proved himself the king of tailoring."
Newly-knighted Tour de France and Olympic cycling champion Sir Bradley Wiggins is a new entry in the list at 30.
Other new names are Homeland star Damian Lewis (12), One Direction singer Zayn Malik (17), cross-dressing artist Grayson Perry (22), and Paralympic champion Jonnie Peacock (48).
After Stevens, the top five is completed by actor Tom Hiddleston, rapper Tinie Tempah, Radio 1 Breakfast Show host Nick Grimshaw and X Factor presenter Dermot O'Leary.
The Wire star Idris Elba is sixth, followed by Twilight star Pattinson and Charles, while funnyman David Walliams is ninth, with My Week With Marilyn actor Eddie Redmayne completing the top 10.
The top 50, compiled by a panel of experts, also includes Take That star Gary Barlow (11), Sir Elton John (21), Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch (24), Bond actor Craig (25), Prime Minister David Cameron (28), Jude Law (35) and David Beckham (36).
The Best-Dressed Men List is in the February issue of GQ, available from Thursday.
Best Dressed top 10:
- 1. Dan Stevens (actor)
- 2. Tom Hiddleston (actor)
- 3. Tinie Tempah (rapper)
- 4. Nick Grimshaw (radio and television presenter)
- 5. Dermot O'Leary (radio and television presenter)
- 6. Idris Elba (actor)
- 7. Robert Pattinson (actor)
- 8. The Prince of Wales
- 9. David Walliams (actor and comedian)
- 10. Eddie Redmayne (actor)
Worst dressed top 10:
- 1. Ed Sheeran (singer-songwriter)
- 2. Jon Cruddas (Labour MP)
- 3. Alex Reid (cage-fighter and ex-husband of Katie Price)
- 4. Max George (The Wanted singer)
- 5. James Tindale (reality TV star)
- 6. Ivor Braka (art dealer)
- 7. Robbie Savage (ex footballer and pundit)
- 8. Andrew Marr (journalist)
- 9. Lord Gilbert (Labour peer)
- 10. Jason Gardiner (choreographer, best known as a judge on Dancing On Ice)