Harry Potter's wholesome sidekick Hermione Granger has been voted the best big screen role model in a poll of young film fans.
The smart student, played in the films by Emma Watson, picked up almost a fifth of the votes (19%) in the survey.
Next up was Charlie Bucket - the poor boy who wins a golden ticket to get a glimpse inside Willy Wonka's chocolate factory - who picked up 16% of the vote, followed by another Roald Dahl creation, Matilda Wormwood, who was played in the 1996 film by Mara Wilson and was picked by 15% of the 1,000 schoolchildren who voted.
Top 10 Big Screen Role Models:
- 1. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter (19%)
- 2. Charlie from Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (16%)
- 3. Matilda from Matilda (15%)
- 4. Kevin from Home Alone (13%)
- 5. Dre Parker from The Karate Kid (12%)
- 6. Woody from Toy Story (11%)
- 7. Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia (5%)
- 8. Chihiro Ogino from Spirited Away (4%)
- 9. Arthur from The Sword in the Stone (3%)
- 10. James from James and Giant Peach (2%)
The survey, carried out by streaming and dvd rental service LOVEFiLM with children's charity Filmclub, put Home Alone's Kevin, played by Macaulay Culkin, in fourth place with 13% followed by the hero of the Karate Kid remake Dre Parker.
Filmclub's Sam Wainstein said: "Films can have a powerful influence on the way children behave and interact with people around them.
"Characters that young people identify with tend to stay with them the longest and positive behaviours can be learnt by watching the way that fictional characters handle certain situations on-screen.
"We wanted to work with our philanthropic partner LOVEFiLM to compile a list which recognises and celebrates the positive influence these on-screen role models can have.
"We hope our list will also help parents and guardians when it comes to choosing films for their children to enjoy."