The stars of the small screen have gathered at the O2 Arena for the National Television Awards.
The first big surprise of the night saw Merlin star Colin Morgan win the award for the best male drama performance, beating much-fancied rivals in Sherlock star Benedict Cumberbatch and Dr Who's Matt Smith.
Morgan said he had a "fantastic time" making the programme, which was axed by the BBC last year.
This Morning was named best daytime programme, with hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby accepting the award.
Schofield thanked Willoughby, who he called "the lady I love getting up with and for in the morning", and said this year's win was "certainly the most emotional".
Here is the full list of winners at the National Television Awards:
- Drama - Downton Abbey
- Drama performance male - Colin Morgan, Merlin
- Drama performance female - Miranda Hart, Call The Midwife
- Landmark Award - London 2012
- Factual entertainment - Paul O'Grady, For The Love Of Dogs
- Situation comedy - Mrs Brown's Boys
- Talent show - Strictly Come Dancing
- Comedy panel show - QI
- Entertainment presenter - Ant & Dec
- Entertainment programme - I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!
- Special Recognition - Joanna Lumley
- Serial drama performance - Alan Halsall, Coronation Street
- Documentary series - Frozen Planet
- Daytime programme - This Morning
- Newcomer - David Witts, EastEnders
The award for best entertainment presenter went to Ant and Dec for the 12th year running, but the Geordie duo were filming Britain's Got Talent so accepted the gong via a live link.
A landmark award for coverage of London 2012 was presented to Lord Coe, Sir Chris Hoy and David Weir.
From the O2 celebrities have been tweeting their delight at their wins:
Whoop! We've won an NTA! Thank YOU so much for voting!!From @bbcstrictly on Twitter: