Comigel beef products withdrawn on February 6th
- Beef lasagne 320g, 360g, 500g
- Today's Special Frozen Beef Lasagne
- Today's Special Frozen Spaghetti Bolognese
- Tesco Everyday Value Spaghetti Bolognese (withdrawn as precautionary measure)
Products labelled Halal found to contain pork DNA
The company which supplied halal food found to contain traces of pork DNA was identified as McColgan Quality Foods Limited, a Northern Ireland-based company.
The products were distributed by 3663 and served in prisons in Britain.
List of beef burgers found to contain horse meat in January
- Everyday Value Beef Burgers: 29.1%
- Beef Quarter Pounders: 0.1%
- Oakhurst Beef Burgers: 0.3%
- Quarter Pounders batch 2250 A 15:27: 0.1%
- Quarter Pounders batch 2218 A 15:55: 0.1%
- Moordale Quarter Pounders: 0.1%
- Moordale Ultimate Beef Burgers: LOQ
- Moordale Beef Burgers: LOQ
- Flamehouse Chargrilled Quarter Pounders: 0.1%
- St. Bernard Beef Burgers: LOQ
In February Birds Eye removed three products from UK shelves after tests identified 2% of horse DNA was found in its Chilli Con Carne, which is sold in Belgium.
The products recalled were:
- Traditional Spaghetti Bolognese 340g
- Shepherd’s Pie 400g
- Beef Lasagne 400g