After missing out on a Bafta last night Bradley Cooper made sure his trip to London was not in vain after winning the best actor Elle award.
The Silver Linings Playbook mainman collected the title at the Savoy Hotel in London as the magazine staged its annual prize bash.
Other well-known names honoured at the ceremony included Stella McCartney who took the best international designer prize.Emeli Sande, whose album Our Version Of Events was last year's UK biggest seller on the back of her Olympic ceremony performances, was named best music act, but was unable to attend the event.
Cooper - whose movie roles have included The Hangover and Wedding Crashers - missed out on the best actor prize at the Bafta film awards to Daniel Day-Lewis for his lead role in Lincoln.
The event - officially called the Elle Style Awards 2013 in association with Next - were hosted by Radio 1 breakfast show host Nick Grimshaw.
The main winners were:
- Best Actor: Bradley Cooper
- Best TV Show: Game Of Thrones
- Breakthrough Performance: Samantha Barks
- Next Future Icon: Chloe Moretz
- Best Music Act: Emeli Sande
- Best Model: Anja Rubik
- Best International Designer: Stella McCartney
- Best British Designer of the Year: Christopher Kane
- Contemporary Brand of the Year: McQueen (Sarah Burton)