The fight for the greatest magazine cover of the last 100 years is being put to the public vote.
Winston Churchill's V-Sign, a politically-minded Dalek and a 'breathing' Darth Vader cover, are amongst those in the running.
The ten images were chosen by industry experts to celebrate the centenary of the Professional Publishers Association (PPA).
PPA boss Barry McIlheney said:
The Cover of the Century is just one of the many activities the PPA will be carrying out in 2013 to mark this historic occasion.
The shortlisted covers are:
- Woman's Weekly - July 1916, Wartime Women
- Harper's Bazaar - November 1941, Fashion Blitz
- Cosmopolitan - March 1972, Launch Issue
- Time Out - November 1974, Churchill V-Sign
- New Scientist - April 1987, Chernobyl
- The Beano - February 1999, Dennis The Menace
- Vogue - December 2001, A Royal Salute
- Radio Times - April 2005, Vote Dalek!
- Empire - June 2005, Breathing Vader
- MacUser - February 2012, How Evil Is Apple?
People can vote at the PPA centenary website.