Barack Obama’s 2012 social media election strategy, Kevin Spacey, Jerry Seinfeld and Justin Bieber were amongst the winners of the Webby Awards, the annual honours for excellence on the internet.
Judges praised team Obama's campaign for having "masterfully combined savvy political and tech genius to become the secret weapon behind Obama's commanding re-election".
Jerry Seinfeld won a comedic performance Webby for his performance on the web series “comedians getting coffee”.
Justin Bieber also picked up an award for the social media launch of his “Girlfriend” fragrance.
Netflix’s original series ‘House of Cards’ picked up a Special Achievement honour - recognising the decision by producers Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti to launch the original drama online.
The Webby award committee included Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, online media mogul Arianna Huffington and Instagram creator Kevin Systrom.
R&B singer Frank Ocean, spoof news website The Onion and humorous website Funny or Die also picked up awards.
The Daily Beast was named the Webby Winner in the web category for news for the second year running, while Forbes Media won the award in the web category for magazines.
- Webby special achievement: Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti
- Webby person of the year: Frank Ocean
- Outstanding comedic performance: Jerry Seinfeld
- Webby breakout of the year: Obama for America 2012
- Webby artist of the year: Grimes
- Webby special achievement: Burning Love
- Webby athlete of the year: Chris Kluwe
- Webby lifetime achievement: Steve Wilhite
- People's voice award in the social media campaigns: Justin Bieber
- People's voice awards for best variety and best variety (channel) in online film & video category: Rainn Wilson's Soulpancake
- Video webby awards: Funny or Die videos 'CharlizeTheron Gets Hacked' and ‘The Wire: The Musical'
- Best humour website: The Onion
- Webby award for the best political blog: Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight
- Webby award for best documentary series: The ESPN 30 for 30 Short Film Series
- Celebrity/fan social presence webby award: Gaga's Workshop
- Best charitable organisations/non-profit (Webby winner): DoSomething.org
- Best weird website (Webby winner): One Tiny Hand
- Best business blog (Webby & people's voice winner): Mashable
- Best news (tablet) Webby winner: Techcrunch
- Best user experience games (Webby & people's voicewinner): Angry Birds Star Wars
- Best connected products (Webby people's voice winner),social gaming (Webby winner), consumer electronics & services (Webby winner)and mobile & experience marketing (Webby winner): Nike FuelBand
- Best news & information (social) (Webby & people'svoice winner): NYTimes
- Best celebrity/fan website (Webby & people's voicewinner): Conan O'Brien Presents: TeamCoco Digital
- Best practices mobile & apps (Webby & people'svoice winner) , best media streaming service mobile & apps (Webby winner): HBO Go
- Best news & politics series online film &video (Webby winner): VICE News
- Best technology online film & video (Webby & people'svoice winner): The Engadget Show
Multiple award winners: Dumb Ways to Die, Dropbox, Google Maps for iPhone, Tumblr, HBO Go, Nike+ FuelBand, The Onion, Our Food. Your Questions., Pinterest, Hashtag Killer, Red Bull Stratos