Here are the answers to our "How up to speed is your knowledge of the road?" quiz.
- 1 (A) Allow at least a two-second gap between you and the vehicle in front on roads carrying faster-moving traffic and in tunnels where visibility is reduced.
- 2 (B) You should allow 36 metres (118 feet), 12m thinking distance and 24m braking distance, this is the equivalent of nine car lengths.
- 3 (B) You must not use a hand-held mobile phone, or similar device, when driving or when supervising a learner driver, except to call 999 or 112 in a genuine emergency when it is unsafe or impractical to stop.
- 4 (C) You CAN overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right, and there is room to do so.
- 5 (A) You MUST NOT use the right hand lane, if a single carriageway has three lanes and the road markings or signs do not give priority to traffic in either direction.