Colin Firth's appearance dripping wet as he emerged from a lake in Pride & Prejudice has been named the most memorable moment in British TV drama.
The scene, from a BBC adaptation first screened in 1995, held off challenges from soaps, children's series Grange Hill and more contemporary programmes.
Here is the full Top 10:
1. Mr Darcy's lake scene - Pride & Prejudice (1995)
Firth's scene - filmed at Lyme Park in Cheshire - was way out in front in the poll to mark the launch of new free-to-air UKTV channel Drama, which begins broadcasting on Monday.
2. Dirty Den hands divorce papers to Angie - EastEnders (1986)
The runner-up in the list, compiled from the votes of 2,000 people, was the Christmas Day edition of EastEnders in 1986 in which Dirty Den handed divorce papers to wife Angie.
3. Sherlock Holmes' "death" - Sherlock (2012)
Third place - drawn from a longlist of 50 scenes - went to the finale of BBC1's Sherlock last year in which detective Holmes faked his own death by plummeting from the roof of St Bart's hospital in London.
4. Tram crash - Coronation Street (2010)
5. Who killed Danny Latimer? - Broadchurch (2013)
The most recent moment in the top 10 comes from ITV drama Broadchurch earlier this year, while the oldest dates back to 1987 when Grange Hill featured character Zammo using heroin.
6. The 10th Doctor regenerates from David Tennant to Matt Smith - Doctor Who (2010)
7. First lesbian kiss - Brookside (1994)
8. Morse reveals his Christian name - Inspector Morse (1997)
9. Zammo injects heroin - Grange Hill (1987)
10. Lady Sybil's death - Downtown Abbey (2012)