A gag about a chocolate bar has been named the funniest joke of the Edinburgh Fringe.
Rob Auton's winning joke was one of 20 shortlisted by a group of comedy experts before it was put to the fans' vote.
The 30-year-old from York, who has been doing stand-up since 2008, won almost a quarter of the votes (24%) for his one-liner: "I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa."
The award, officially known as Dave's Funniest Joke of The Fringe, has been going for six years.
The 10 funniest jokes from the Fringe Festival 2013 were:
- 1) Rob Auton - "I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa."
- 2) Alex Horne - "I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying."
- 3) Alfie Moore - "I'm in a same-sex marriage... the sex is always the same."
- 4) Tim Vine - "My friend told me he was going to a fancy dress party as an Italian island. I said to him 'Don't be Sicily'."
- 5) Gary Delaney - "I can give you the cause of anaphylactic shock in a nutshell."
- 6) Phil Wang - "The Pope is a lot like Doctor Who. He never dies, just keeps being replaced by white men."
- 7) Marcus Brigstocke - "You know you are fat when you hug a child and it gets lost."
- 8) Liam Williams - "The universe implodes. No matter."
- 9) Bobby Mair - "I was adopted at birth and have never met my mum. That makes it very difficult to enjoy any lapdance."
- 10) Chris Coltrane - "The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately."