1. ITV Report

Six-year-old boy blinded in China after brutal attack

A six-year-old boy has been left blind after a woman gouged his eyes out after he was lured to a field in rural China on Saturday.

A woman has been arrested but police said it is too early to speculate on a motive as an investigation is ongoing.

State media had previously had raised the possibility that the boy's corneas were taken for sale because of a donor shortage in China.

However, police said the youngster's eyeballs were found at the scene and the corneas had not been removed.

A hospital spokeswoman told local television that the boy's condition was stable, but there was no hope that doctors would be able to recover his sight.

This report from ITV News' Richard Pallot contains images which viewers may find distressing