Andy Murray's Wimbledon victory was the biggest talking point on Facebook in the UK this year.
While Murray-mania was big in the UK but the most talked about topic overall in 2013 was the election of Pope Francis in May.
Although with the passing of Nelson Mandela it is possible the rankings could change. The death of South Africa's first black president was announced last Thursday and led to more than 115 "interactions" involving 55 million people on the social network by the end of day Friday, Facebook said.
The O2 arena in Greenwich, south east London, was the topped the list of places that British Facebook users checked out.
Top 10 most talked about topics in the UK:
- Andy Murray wins Wimbledon (July)
- Baroness Margaret Thatcher dies (April)
- Bayern Munich & Borussia Dortmund contest the UEFA Champions League Final at Wembley Stadium (May)
- The Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to Prince George (July)
- Sir Alex Ferguson steps down as manager of Manchester United (May)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts released on X-Box 360 and PS3 (November)
- England retain the Ashes in cricket (August)
- X-Factor returns to UK screens (August)
- The 'Bedroom Tax' is introduced in the UK (April)
- Grand theft Auto 5 released on X-Box 360 and PS3 (September)
Top UK check ins:
- The O2, London
- Wembley Stadium, London
- Leicester Square, London
- Westfield Stratford City
- Trafford Centre, Manchester
- Alton Towers, Staffordshire
- Covent Garden, London
- Harrods, London
- Thorpe Park, Surrey
- Westfield, London (Shepherds Bush)