Police are 'deeply concerned' for the welfare of missing Mikaeel Kular. As the search enters its second day we look at what we know about the three-year-old's disappearance so far.
The three-year-old was described by his nursery as a "friendly little boy". He lived with his mother and siblings, including a twin sister, in a block of flats in northern Edinburgh.
Police issued the following description of Mikaeel:
- Two-feet tall of Asian appearance and slim build
- Believed to be wearing a beige thigh-length jacket with grey fur-lined hood
- Wearing brown Clarks shoes with velcro straps
- Wearing navy blue joggers with grey pyjama top and embroidered turquoise dinosaur on the chest
- May be wearing black gloves with multi-coloured fingers
- Has a faded scar on his nose and a small sore on the left side of his mouth
- 9pm Wednesday - Mikaeel is put to bed by his mother in Ferry Gait, Edinburgh
- 7.15am Thursday - Mikaeel's mother discovers him missing from bed
- 7pm Thursday - Police set p hotline for those with information
- 9pm Thursday - police extend the search area to include four areas of Edinburgh
Police Scotland have said they are focussing their search on the Drylaw, Pennywell, Muirhouse and Silverknowes areas of Edinburgh.
Specialist officers, police dogs and horses and helicopters are all being used in the search.
The hunt is being carried out on foot, by air and by sea by several agencies.
The rough area where the search is concentrating is shaded red in the map below, with the red marker showing Mikaeel Kular's home in Ferry Gait Crescent where he was last seen.
Police have set up a dedicated hotline for anyone with information about Mikaeel Kular's disappearance. The number is 0300 200 0200.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.