West Ham might have never won a league title but their fans proved to be top notch in a study of wittiest football chanters.
Supporters of the East London club have taken home the title of wittiest football chant of the past decade with a verse about Rio Ferdinand's spell on the bench for missing a drugs test.
Sung to the tune of Duran Duran's hit "Rio", the chant goes:
Second in the poll, published alongside the release of fantasy football game Oulala, is a singalong by Fulham fans for striker Bobby Zamora, which borrows the tune of Dean Martin's Amore.
The poll was conducted among 1,500 football fans and the rest of the top 10 included:
- "You should have stayed on the telly" - Newcastle United fans to Alan Shearer, when the Match of the Day pundit led the team to relegation as manager
- "He's fast, he's red, he talks like Father Ted, Robbie Keane" - Liverpool fans on the club's striker
- Your teeth are offside, your teeth are offside, Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside" - Manchester United fans singing about Liverpool's Luis Suarez
- "Deep fry yer pizzas, we're gonna deep fry yer pizzas" - Scotland fans to Italy's supporters in a World Cup qualifier in March 2007
- "Chelsea, wherever you may be, keep your wife from John Terry" - Chelsea fans saluted their captain Terry after his affair with former team-mate Wayne Bridge's ex-girlfriend, sung to the tune of Lord Of The Dance
- "John Carew, Carew. He likes a lap-dance or two. He might even pay for you. John Carew, Carew" - Aston Villa fans sang this about their player, to the Que Sera Sera song
- "Fat Eddie Murphy, you're just a fat Eddie Murphy" - Newcastle United fans used this heckle on then-Chelsea player Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
- "You only live round the corner" - Fulham to Manchester United supporters, a chant now sung by many other London teams when they play at home to United.