Hotpoint have recalled hundreds of thousands of dishwashers after an electrical fault was discovered that caused a number of appliances catch fire.
The company confirmed that there have been 18 "incidents", and 330,000 dishwashers sold under the Hotpoint and Indesit brands are potentially affected.
The safety recall notice only applies to dishwashers manufactured between January 2008 and July 2010.
The company is urging customers to check their dishwashers, and get in touch to have the fault fixed by one of there engineers. Here is how:
Model numbers affected
Serial numbers affected
- The serial number is 9 digits long.
- If the first five digits are between S/N 50401 and S/N 80531 then the dishwasher is at risk
How to find your model and serial number
- Turn off your dishwasher and make sure it is disconnected from the wall.
- Your model and serial number can be found on the inside edge of either the right or the left hand side of the door.
What to do if your dishwasher if your dishwasher has been recalled
- Once you have your model and serial number, cross check it with the list above.
- To double check, go to the Hotpoint website and enter the numbers into their search engine
- Call the Hotpoint customer service line on 01733287675
- Email Hotpoint: email@example.com
- Hotpoint will arrange to come to your home and repair the dishwasher
Phil Buckle from Electrical Safety First said people should check their website if they have any concerns and require any more information.