The Gaza conflict is now entering its third week as the bloodshed in the Middle East continues.
Here is a look at the fighting between Israel, Hamas and Palestinian militants in numbers:
- The death toll in the Gaza conflict has risen to around 1,400 after 23 days of fighting.
- On Israel's side, 56 soldiers and 2 civilians have been killed during the fighting.
- The Palestinian death toll stands at 1,363.
- The United Nations said every hour 1 innocent child is being killed in fighting.
- 21% of the casualties are children with over 250 youngsters losing their lives.
- Around 7,200 people have been wounded during the Middle East conflict.
- There are over 250,000 people displaced in Gaza.
- Of that quarter of a million, around 204,000 people are in 82 schools serving as UN shelters.
- That is the equivalent of 10% of Gaza's entire population.
- Around 5,750 homes in Gaza have been destroyed.
- 133 schools have been hit by shelling or fire during the conflict.
- Israel Defence Forces claim Hamas has fired over 2,825 rockets at civilians in three weeks.
- The Israeli army claims it has attacked over 4,100 targets in Gaza and its missile defence system, the Iron Dome, has shot down over 500 rockets.
- Israel has called up around 86,000 reservists.
- 23 medical facilities across the Gaza Strip have been destroyed to the point of being out of use.
- The World Health Organisation said the stock levels of essential drugs in Gaza is at zero.
- Over 70% of the population in Gaza requires and needs food assistance.
- The size of the Gaza Strip is 139 square miles which is far less than London (607 square miles) but around the same size as Las Vegas (136 square miles).
- However, Gaza has 10 times the population density of Washington DC.
- Israel is the second biggest beneficiary of US military assistance - behind Afghanistan - receiving $3.1 billion (£1.84bn) in 2012.