The Times newspaper has published a full transcript of the conversation in which Usain Bolt is alleged to have branded the Commonwealth Games "a bit sh**."
Jamaican sprinter Bolt has said it was "nonsense" that he had made the remarks.
Angus Macleod, the newspaper's Scottish editor, said he stood by the story "100 per cent".
The encounter was reportedly as follows:
- Katie Gibbons (KG, Times reporter): Hi Usain, I'm Katie Gibbons, a reporter from The Times. Nice to meet you.
- Usain Bolt (UB): Hi.
- KG: How are you?
- UB: (Shrugs)
- KG: So are you enjoying the games? Are you having fun?
- UB: No.
- KG: Really, why not?
- UB: I'm just not... it's a bit s***. (Shrugs, looks up to grey sky).
- KG: What do you mean?
- UB: I've only been here two days.
- KG: Is it like the Olympics?
- UB: Nah. Olympics were better.
- KG: Really, how?
- UB: (Shrugs).
- KG: Where are you off to now?
- UB: To do some business.