Advertisement

  1. ITV Report

Firefighters use tiny oxygen masks to treat hamster family rescued from US mobile home blaze

Baby hamster given oxygen after being rescued from mobile home fire Credit: Lacey Fire Department

Firefighters used tiny oxygen masks on a family of hamsters rescued from a mobile home fire in the US.

Oreo, Madonna and their three babies were treated by the firefighters after they were rescued from the living room of the mobile home in Lacey, Washington.

One of the babies failed to respond to the treatment, the fire service said.

Tweeting a picture of a Pet Emergency Pocket Guide, Lacey Fire Department said: "Yes. Our crews are trained and specially equipped to care for animals that have been rescued from a house fire."

The fire crew tweeted a picture of their pet emergency pocket guide. Credit: Lacey Fire Department

The owners were not at home during the blaze, which is believed to have been started by a faulty clothes dryer.

It is thought a clothes dryer started the fire. Credit: Lacey Fire Department