A 15-year-old girl was found hanging from a tree after a rare wi-fi allergy made her life a misery, an inquest heard.
Jenny Fry claimed she had electro-hypersensitivity (EHS) which caused her to suffer tiredness, headaches and bladder problems.
Despite never being diagnosed with the condition, her mother Debra said the symptoms were caused by wireless internet connections at her school.
The schoolgirl's body was found hanging from a tree at Brooke Woods, close to her home near Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire on June 11.
Earlier that day Jenny had texted a friend telling her she would not be in school.
Coroner Darren Salter said was not enough proof to be certain Jenny took her own life and recorded a narrative verdict.
But he was unable to rule out her mother's suggestion that it was a "cry for help".
Mrs Fry told the inquest Jenny began showing signs of EHS in November 2012.
They took wi-fi out of the family home and her health was fine but when she went to school she said her symptoms would flare up again.
Jenny's parents are now campaigning to have wi-fi banned in all schools.
Mrs Fry said it got to the stage where Jenny would hide herself away in unused classrooms in the school to work just so she could escape the wi-fi.
"As soon as Jenny walked away from a router she felt instantly better. She was aware of what was going on, but nothing could be done.
"It's a misunderstood condition and schools are reluctant to do anything because the wi-fi companies have money and tell schools it is safe."
Simon Duffy, headteacher at Chipping Norton School, which Jenny attended, said the safety of students was paramount.
He added: "Jenny's safety at school was just as important as anyone else's.
"Just like many other public spaces, Chipping Norton School does have wi-fi installed to enable use to operate effectively.
"The governors are content that the installed equipment complies with the relevant regulations and will ensure this continues to be the case."