A 16-year-old boy has been arrested and charged with planning a terror attack on today's Anzac Day services in Australia.
Thousands of people attended a dawn ceremony in Sydney to commemorate the Australian and New Zealand Army Corp (Anzac) landings at Gallipoli during World War One, with Anzac Day a major annual holiday in Australia and New Zealand.
The boy was arrested near his Sydney home on Sunday and appeared before a children's court today. If convicted, he faces a life sentence.
Police allege that the boy tried to obtain a gun, Australian Associated Press reported, citing court documents.
The boy was believed to have been acting alone, New South Wales state Police said.
Justice Minister Michael Keenan described the arrest as "truly chilling and disturbing" and said it is a "sad reflection of the current terror threat" in the country
Last year a 15-year-old British boy was sentenced to life for his involvement in an Australia Anzac Day IS-inspired terror plot to behead police officers in Melbourne.