A tribute note laid by Prince Charles on the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster which was then stolen has been returned.
The Prince of Wales laid the message with a wreath last week in memory of the 144 people - mainly children - who were killed when a slag heap engulfed them in the south Wales village in 1966.
Charles' letter, which he placed in Aberfan Memorial Garden last Friday, was taken two days later.
On Friday, South Wales Police said it had received an anonymous package containing the letter - which has now been returned to the community.
Chief Inspector Marc Lamerton said: "We are grateful that whoever took this realised the distress it was causing to the community of Aberfan and have seen the error of their ways and returned it to its rightful owners".