Residents whose homes were destroyed in the Grenfell Tower fire will receive a Government down-payment of at least £5,500 from Monday, it has been announced.
The news of funds for survivors to start rebuilding their lives comes a day after Theresa May admitted that the official response "was not good enough" after she met victims.
One Kensington MP also reported that some families had been forced to move to temporary housing outside of the borough and were living on subsistence funding of just £10 per day.
Today's statement said that every household whose home had been destroyed would get a minimum payment of £5,500 within days to meet their immediate needs.
The money will come from a £5 million pot of emergency government funding to help those caught up in the disaster which was previously announced by Theresa May.
A first lump of £500 had already been made available, it said, and a further £5,000 would be given to each household from Monday onwards.
It added that additional cash from the fund would be available o help meet the costs of funerals for those killed or for families with complex or additional needs
Mrs May yesterday announced a package of support and assurances for those caught up in the blaze.
A group of residents today thanked the Prime Minister - but stressed that now "real action and immediate results" were now needed.