The Duke of Edinburgh has been discharged from hospital after spending two nights being treated for an infection.
Prince Philip was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening after falling ill due to the infection relating to a pre-existing condition.
It was understood be a precautionary measure a rather than an emergency.
The 96-year-old is understood to have left from the rear of the private hospital in central London just before 10am on Thursday, and driven away.
On Wednesday, as the duke spent a second night in hospital, Buckingham Palace said he continued to be in "good spirits".
The hospital admission forced the duke to miss the State Opening of Parliament and a second day at Royal Ascot.
Prince Philip has enjoyed good health throughout much of his life, recovering from a blocked coronary artery in 2011 and a bladder infection in 2012.
His decision to retire from public duties after the summer was not health-related, Buckingham Palace said at the time of the announcement earlier this year.