- Video report by ITV News Correspondent Paul Davies
A British model who was allegedly kidnapped in Italy has spoken of the "terrifying" experience.
Chloe Ayling said she feared for her life "second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour", after being detained for six days while her captors tried to auction her on the dark web.
The 20-year-old was reportedly attacked by two men on July 11 as she attended a photo shoot in Milan.
Italian police said she is thought to have been drugged and transported in a bag to Borgial, a village near Turin. Her captor tried to auction her online for more than £230,000.
The model's agent was also told to pay a ransom to secure her release, but after six days she was freed despite no ransom being paid.
"I am incredibly grateful to the Italian and UK authorities for all they have done to secure my safe release," said Ms Ayling.
"I have just arrived home after four weeks of being in Italy and I haven't had the time to gather my thoughts."
Ms Ayling added that she was not at liberty to say anything further until she had been debriefed by the UK police.
A Polish man who lives in Britain has been arrested on suspicion of kidnap and extortion.
He has been named as 30-year-old Lukasz Pawel Herba.
Italian police said they were working with officials in Britain and Poland as they continue their investigations.
Francesco Pesce, Chloe Ayling's lawyer, said: "The behaviour of the person that took and then released her, after detaining her many days, is strange. It is still necessary to clarify this.
He added: "At first it seemed incredible that a person, along with others, kidnapped a girl, and then after a week, because of particular reasons, carried her back to the consulate, which was heavily guarded by military forces for security reasons, effectively handing himself to the police.
"This was initially questioned by investigators, but the story was proved to be true."