Bruno Martins Indi is ready to put protracted negotiations behind him and achieve "special things" with Stoke after finally signing a permanent deal with the club.
The 25-year-old Holland international, who spent last season on loan with the Potters from Porto, has put pen to paper on a five-year contract.
Stoke confirmed the two clubs had agreed a transfer fee of almost £7million for the central defender, whose contractual issues with the Portuguese club had been a contributory factor in delaying the deal.
"I am feeling very good, I am happy to be back and ready to fight for my place," Martins Indi told Stoke's official website.
"I experienced the Premier League last season and I understand it better now, so hopefully with the help of my team-mates I will be a better player this season.
"I just want to get back out on the field, give 100 per cent and help my team-mates to achieve special things on the pitch.
"It's been one year of negotiations, but finally we are there now and all three parties are happy with the solution."
Martins Indi may have to wait a little longer for his first appearance of the season, however.
Stoke boss Mark Hughes, relieved to have completed his fifth summer signing, told a press conference on Friday morning that Martins Indi was not expected to feature in Saturday's opening fixture at Everton.
"It's one that's frustrated a lot of people, not least myself," Hughes said. "It's probably going to be a day too late (for the Everton game).
"He will have a medical and that takes time, so the thinking is he will be ready to go from Monday."
Hughes confirmed Joe Allen's former club Swansea had made a tentative enquiry about the midfielder.
The 27-year-old left the Liberty Stadium for Liverpool in 2012 before joining Stoke in a £13million deal last summer.